Q: How do you properly install and use floor mats?

How do you properly install and use floor mats?

A: Floor mats provide your car’s carpeting wit...

Floor mats provide your car’s carpeting with an extra layer of protection from dirt, mud, and wear and tear from your shoes. If the carpet wasn’t protected by a floor mat, it would wear down very quickly. However, there are several things you need to know about using floor mats correctly in your car:

1. Only use floor mats that are sized specifically for your car.

2. Make sure that the driver front floor mat is hooked securely in place. Never use a driver front floor mat that doesn’t have an eye for the security hook to attach to.

3. Never stack more than one floor mat in the floor.

4. Turn the anchor knob to unlock the floor mat for removal and cleaning. Lock it back in place when you’re done.