Q: How do you find leaks in the air conditioning system in this car?

In my Cavalier car the air-conditioning qite working about a year ago. I bought some air conditionihg guages and charged up the air-coniditioning system and it was working well for about 3 weeks and quite working altogether. The refrigerant all leaked out of the air-condirioning system altogether. My question I want to ask is there a way that you can find leaks in the an air-condition of this car ar all? Thank youmfor your help.

A: There are two different ways to find the le...

There are two different ways to find the leak. You can charge the A/C system with a dye that can be seen using a black light and yellow lens glasses designed to block the UV light to protect your eyes. After running the A/C for a couple of days then using the light you can light up and see the traces of the dye that leaked out of the system. The other way is to use an electronic leak tester and after charging the A/C system and system and engine is off then using the leak tester to detect the leaks in the system. If you want the system tested, a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, can come and diagnose the leak and make the needed repairs for you.