Q: How do you extend the life of this transmission?

I know the HC is a dud because of Honda's early CVT defects with first generation hybrids. My transmission mechanic took a look and said the only way to fix the issues (rattling/vibrating in Drive/full stop, rattling when accelerating from 0-15mph.

Is there any workaround to extend the life of my dud of a transmission? Advice, procedures or general knowledge about this issue would be greatly appreciated.

*Currently saving for a new car and probably won't invest too much more into it.

About the only thing you can do to extend the life would be to service the transmission (fluid/filter replacement) more often than Honda recommends. The filter on this transmission is difficult to access for a normal transmission service. You can simply drain and refill the transmission fluid once a year. The transmission pan has a drain plug similar to the engine oil pan, so it would be as simple as changing the engine. Just make certain you use the correct fluid specified for your transmission.

3. How do you extend the life of this transmission?