Q: How do you adjust the height of the shoulder belt?

How do you adjust the height of the shoulder belt?

A: Part of ensuring that you and your passenge...

Part of ensuring that you and your passengers are safe on the road is wearing your seat belts at all times. Of course, you have to wear them correctly. If the shoulder belt isn’t at the right height, you’re lacking important protection and might even be in danger of injuries during an accident. Here’s how to make sure that the shoulder belt is adjusted properly.

1. Buckle the seat belt.

2. Make sure the shoulder belt runs across your chest and up to your shoulder.

3. If the belt is too high or too low, press down on the release button at the top of the shoulder belt adjuster on the pillar.

4. Holding the button down, raise or lower the adjuster as needed to get the right fit. The shoulder belt should run across the center of your shoulder without touching your neck.

5. Listen for a click to tell you that the adjuster is locked.

6. Tug on the belt to make sure it’s secure.