Q: How do you adjust the head restraints?

How do you adjust the head restraints?

A: Your car’s head restraints are much more th...

Your car’s head restraints are much more than simple headrests. They’re tied into your car’s seat belt and air bag system and play an important role in protecting your head during impacts. You can adjust them up or down to make sitting more comfortable (and safer), though. Here’s how:

• Pull up on the head restraint to raise it.

• To lower the head restraint, press the release button while pushing the head restraint downward toward the seatback.

Tips

• Make sure that each head restraint is properly adjusted for the seat’s occupant before driving.

• Never adjust head restraints while you’re driving as it requires both hands.