Q: How do you adjust the head restraints in a 2012 Honda Civic?

How do you adjust the head restraints?

Your head rests are designed to provide comfort, but they’re also important safety devices. They’re actually called head restraints, and they’re designed to help reduce the chance of injury in a rear-end collision. They are adjustable, though, and here’s how to fix them for the right height:

1. Push the lock tab in

2. Pull the head restraint up to the position you want

3. Push the head restraint down to the position you want

4. Release the lock tab

Tips

• Never adjust head restraints while the vehicle is in motion. It takes two hands to do so, and will reduce your safety.

• Don’t drive without head restraints if at all possible.

• The rear head restraints adjust in the same way as the front ones.

3. How do you adjust the head restraints in a 2012 Honda Civic?