Q: How do the warning lights on the gauge cluster work?

How do the warning lights on the gauge cluster work?

A: Your Fusion has a number of important light...

Your Fusion has a number of important lights on the dash. They’re designed to provide you with access to vital information about various systems on your car during operation to help you stay safe and to avoid causing an accident or damage to the car. Some of the most important include:

• The Check Engine Light

• The Brake Light

• The Seat Belt Light

• The Anti-lock Brake Light

There are many others as well. Most of the lights in your dash will turn on briefly when you first crank the engine. The systems will conduct their self-tests and should then turn off (with a few exceptions). If a light stays on, or starts flashing after the first few seconds of engine operation, it means there’s something wrong and you need to take action.