Q: How do the active head restraints work in a 2012 Nissan Altima?

How do the active head restraints work?

A: Active head restraints are provided only in...

Active head restraints are provided only in the front two seats, and only on some Altimas (it depends on the trim level). If your car is equipped with these, they provide additional safety in the event of an accident. They actually work very simply:

• In the event of a collision, the restraint will move forward to help cushion your head and reduce impact. This helps prevent injuries like whiplash.

Tips

• The active head restraints only operate during low and medium speeds.

• The active head restraints only operate in rear-end collisions, not front-end collisions.