Q: How Do Molded and Universal Hoses Differ?

How do molded and universal hoses differ?

A: Molded hoses are specifically engineered an...

Molded hoses are specifically engineered and manufactured to fit your vehicle according to how it is equipped. Molded hoses are known as exact-fit hoses. Molded hoses are the most trouble-free hoses but are a little more expensive than universal, non-molded hose.

Universal hoses can be used in a number of applications and locations on your vehicle. They can be solid hose or they can be pleated hose, resembling an accordion. A pleated hose allows for tighter bends in the hose when you need to route a hose around an obstacle. Straight hoses are not meant to go around corners, but they can flex to a minimal degree.

Molded hose and universal hoses are both designed to withstand normal system operating conditions of heat and pressure.

Universal hoses are usually employed when molded hoses are either not available or are outside of your budget.

If you need help with your vehicle, a qualified mechanic can lend a hand when it comes to replacing your hoses. We use parts that meet your car’s requirements so you won’t have to worry. Let YourMechanic be “your” mechanic.