Q: How do I use the turn signals?

How do I use the turn signals?

Turn signals are a very important safety feature in your vehicle. Your turn signals alert drivers around you that you are intending to make a turn. Not only does using your turn signals increase safety, but it’s also legally required.

The turn signals are operated via the turn signal lever, which protrudes from the left side of the steering column. Pull the lever up until it clicks into place to signal a right turn. Push the lever down until it clicks into place to signal a left turn. When a turn signal is on, a blinking arrow will illuminate to confirm that the blinker is currently in use.

Tip

After making a turn, the turn signal lever will usually automatically return to its original position, and turn off the blinker. However, if you are making only a slight turn, this may not happen, and you will have to push the lever manually back to the standard position.