Q: How do I use the overhead console?

How do I use the overhead console?

Your car has a number of convenient storage solutions built in. The overhead console is one such. It’s small – designed to hold items no larger than a pair of sunglasses. It’s located on the ceiling, between the rearview mirror and the map lights. Here’s how to open and close it:

1. Push the rear portion (you’ll see three dots) upward to unlatch the console. It will slowly lower so you can store items.

2. Push the edge up when you’re done to close the console. Make sure it latches securely.

Tips

• Don’t store heavy items in the overhead console or it might open unexpectedly.

• Don’t drive with the overhead console open, or the items stored inside could fly out during an accident.