Q: How do I use the hydraulic power steering?

How do I use the hydraulic power steering?

Your vehicle comes with hydraulic power steering that requires no action on your part to activate. To use, simply turn your engine on and drive as you would normally. While your vehicle’s hydraulic power steering is a handy tool that makes steering smoother and easier, it can require some maintenance.

If you notice your steering becomes drastically and suddenly less sensitive, this could mean your power steering assist is lost. This happens when either the engine stops or the hydraulic power steering system isn’t functioning. If this happens, your vehicle may still be steered, but will require more effort and increased turning of the steering wheel. If this issue arises, have your car diagnosed by a qualified mechanic.