Q: How do I use the electronic key properly?

How do I use the electronic key properly?

A: Your car’s electronic key is very convenien...

Your car’s electronic key is very convenient, allowing you to lock or unlock the doors with the touch of a button, or just by touching the door handle. However, there are situations where it might not work correctly and you need to know the proper way to use the key. Don’t worry – it’s not that complicated. Here’s what you should and shouldn’t do:

• Keep the key with you and make sure you’re close enough to the car for it to work (less than 2.5 feet).

• Don’t hold the electronic key too close to the car or it won’t detect correctly.

• Only keep the key in your pocket when operating the start/stop system. Don’t put it on the instrument panel, in the glove box, on the floorboards or anywhere else.

• Don’t leave the key near the door pockets.

• If the key is within range, anyone can lock or unlock the doors.

• If the key is near the window but outside the car, the engine may be able to be started.

• Wearing gloves while attempting to unlock the door from outside with the handle may not work even with the key in the correct position.