Q: How do I use the driver side door keypad to disable the autounlock function?

How do I use the driver side door keypad to disable the autounlock function?

Your car’s autounlock function is very convenient. It’s designed to unlock the doors in the car when you shift from drive into park. Of course, you might not want the doors to automatically unlock, particularly if you have children in the vehicle. Here’s how to disable it with your keypad:

1. Make sure your ignition is off.

2. All the doors must be closed (including your liftgate).

3. Enter your normal access code.

4. Press and hold 3 and 4.

5. Hold those and press 7 and 8, then release them.

6. Press 7 and 8 again (while you’re still holding 3 and 4).

7. Release the 3 and 4.

8. You should hear a chirp and beep from the horn. This tells you the autounlock feature has been disabled.

• How do I use the driver side door keypad to disable the autounlock function?