Q: How do I start the engine?

How do I start the engine?

A: Once you get inside and get comfortable, th...

Once you get inside and get comfortable, the next step is to start your engine.

1. Put the key into the ignition and turn it until the engine starts. On a model with an electronic key, you press the button on the dashboard that says, Engine Start Stop until the engine turns on.

2. Put your foot on the brake pedal and shift the gear shifter to D.

3. Grab the parking brake and release it.

4. Take your foot off the brake pedal slowly and press down on the accelerator pedal.

Tip

To stop the vehicle, you press down on the brake pedal and set the parking brake. Shift the gear shifter to P or N if you’ll be stopped for a long period of time. You should turn off the engine and remove the key.