Q: How do I select a shift position that is best for driving in?

How do I select a shift position that is best for driving in?

You’ll want to set your gear shift in the best position for optimal driving in the city or out on the highway.

If the model doesn’t have a smart key system, you move the shift lever when the kwy is in the On position while depressing the brake pedal. If your vehicle has the smart key system, you’ll move the shift lever while the Engine Start Stop switch is turned to the On mode. Press down on the brake pedal at the same time.

Tip

P is for parking the vehicle, R is for reversing or backing up, N is for neutral, which means the vehicle doesn’t move, D is for most normal driving and S is for manually controlling the gear.

3. How do I select a shift position that is best for driving in?