Q: How do I secure a rear-facing child restraint system with a seat belt?

How do I secure a rear-facing child restraint system with a seat belt?

A rear-facing child restraint system that uses a seat belt is very easy to install, and requires just a few steps: 1. Position the restraint in one of the rear seats. Never put a rear-facing child restraint in the front seat. 2. Run the seat belt through child restraint system, following the manufacturer’s instructions. 3. Buckle the seat belt. 4. Pull out the shoulder belt until it is fully extracted from the retractor, then release. This sets the belt in Automatic Locking Mode, which will help it hold the seat firmly and securely. 5. Pull on the shoulder belt, to remove any remaining slack, then repeat this process with the lap belt. 6. Check all aspects of the child restraint to make sure that the system and belt are fastened properly. Tips Always follow the instructions provided by the child restraint system’s manufacturer.

3. How do I secure a rear-facing child restraint system with a seat belt?