Q: How do I replace the battery in the keyless entry remote?

How do I replace the battery in the keyless entry remote?

A working keyless entry remote is not only a convenience, but it can also help you find the vehicle in inclement weather or sound the alarm in an emergency. If the battery in the remote dies, replacing it is simple:

1. The remote is comprised of a front half and a rear half, the seam separating the two halves has a small notch in it where a small flat object can fit. Using this notch, the halves can be separated. A flat head screwdriver works well for this purpose.

Tip Twist with steady pressure but do not force the halves apart. Gently pry the halves and stop if there is serious resistance.

1. There is a small, round battery inside. Remove this battery and discard properly.

2. Replace the dead battery with a new CR2032 battery.

3. When the new battery is installed, line up the two halves and snap the remote back together.