Q: How do i remove the core stem if there is no core ?

I tried to remove the core stem but there is nothing to grab using the tool . What can I do?

A: Hi there. This depends on what valve core s...

Hi there. This depends on what valve core stem you are replacing. If you are replacing the valve core stem in a wheel, then all you need is a valve core stem remover tool for a tire. However, if you are removing a valve core stem in an a/c system, you will need a double ended valve core stem remover tool for a/c systems with 134a refrigerant. The valve stem looks like the one on a wheel, but it has a long metal stem that sticks out. The tool has a hole cut out to have the long stem go into it. If the valve core stem is broken and you need it out, especially on an a/c system, then you can grind down a small pair of needle nose pliers and use them to take out the valve core stem. If you need further assistance removing the valve core stem, then seek out a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, to help you with your issue.