Q: How do I remotely start my car?

How do I remotely start my car?

The remote start system allows you to turn on your car without being in the vehicle. If your vehicle is equipped with the remote start system, then you access it through the remote keyless entry (RKE) transmitter. To turn on your car, you must be within 300 feet of your vehicle. Press the remote start button on your RKE transmitter twice within a span of five seconds. The parking lights will then flash, and the horn will honk, to confirm that your vehicle has turned on. Your vehicle will stay on for 15 minutes before it automatically shuts off.

Tip

If there are any safety concerns, your remote start system will not work. For instance, if a door is ajar, the shift lever is not in park, or the fuel level is too low, the remote start system will be disabled.

3. How do I remotely start my car?