Q: How do I read tires for information?

How do I read tires for information?

Reading the tires on your truck is important. It helps you understand what conditions are needed to get the most out of your tires and operate your vehicle safely. To read the tires.

1. The size of the tire will consist of three numbers, commonly with the letter “P” in front.

2. The first three digit number is the width of the tire in millimeters.

3. The middle number represents the ratio of the tire’s height to width or how tall it is.

4. There is usually an “R” after this for radial tire, followed by the size of the rim itself.

5. Some manufacturers display a load rating in the form of a number.

6. A single letter such as “H” is a speed rating, not always displayed.

7. Many tires will also list Traction/Treadwear/Temperature in ratings of “A,” “AA” or “AAA.”

3. How do I read tires for information?