Q: How do I prepare my car for storage?

How do I prepare my car for storage?

If you’ll be storing your vehicle for more than a day or two, then you need to take a few important steps to protect it. Here’s what you need to know:

• Completely fill up on gas.

• Make sure the car’s exterior is washed and dried.

• Clean the interior.

• Do NOT apply the parking brake.

• Leave the car in park (or reverse if you have a stick shift).

• Use a chock on the back wheels.

• Consider using jack stands if your vehicle will be stored for a long time to avoid developing flat spots on the tires.

• Crack one window slightly if using interior storage.

• Disconnect the battery.

• Put a cloth between the wiper arm and the windshield (you don’t want the wiper blades touching the glass).

• Lube all door seals and the trunk seal (silicone spray).

• Use a breathable cover (for indoor storage) over the entire vehicle.

3. How do I prepare my car for storage?