Q: How do I make sure that the seat belt fits my child?

How do I make sure that the seat belt fits my child?

A: Checking the fit on a seat belt is easy. He...

Checking the fit on a seat belt is easy. Here’s what you need to do:

• First, ensure that your child meets your state’s minimum weight and height requirements for not using a child seat.

• Make sure that you have a booster seat that fits your child.

• Position the booster seat as far back in the seat as possible.

• Make sure your child is able to sit all the way back against the seat.

• Route the belt correctly over your child and the booster seat (see your manufacturer’s instructions).

• Make sure that the belt sits low on your child’s hips, and crosses across the chest and shoulder correctly.