Q: How do I know if an unauthorized key attempted to turn on my car?

How do I know if an unauthorized key attempted to turn on my car?

If an unauthorized key attempted to turn on your car, your vehicle will let you know. Your car is equipped with a vehicle security light, which appears on your instrument cluster. When you turn on your car, the vehicle security light illuminates for three seconds as your truck does a light check. If an unauthorized key attempted to turn on your car since the last time an authorized key was in the ignition, then the vehicle security light will blink continuously following the bulb check.

Tip

If the vehicle security light doesn’t blink, but does stay illuminated, that means that your vehicle is experiencing problems with the security system..