Q: How do I install a Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children (LATCH) compatible car seat?

How do I install a Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children (LATCH) compatible car seat?

A: While older styles of car seats can still b...

While older styles of car seats can still be found on the market, newer models are designed to work with the Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children (LATCH) system. LATCH compatible car seats can be installed in your car pretty easily, too. Here’s how to do it:

1. Find the lower anchors in the back seat of your car. They’re located at the split between the seat bottom and the seat back.

2. Position the car seat correctly in the back seat.

3. Follow the car seat manufacturer’s directions to attach the lower anchors.

4. Open the anchor cover at the top of the back seat (it’s a plastic cover that flips open).

5. Extend the flexible anchor from the car seat.

6. Attach the hook to the anchor on the Civic.

7. Tighten the anchor tether so there’s no slack.

Tip

It may be necessary to raise the head restraint to access the anchor point. You can also remove the head restraint if you want.