Q: How do I inspect my seat belts to make sure they are in safe condition?

How do I inspect my seat belts to make sure they are in safe condition?

A: Periodically checking the health of your se...

Periodically checking the health of your seat belts is very important. Damaged seat belts will not do their job effectively. To check the health of the seat belts in your car, feel and visually inspect the belt, buckle, and connector, looking for frays, cuts, and any parts that are loose or falling off. You can also give the seat belt a quick tug to see if it locks up correctly. If there is any damage, have your vehicle serviced immediately.

Tip

Your front seat belts will need to be replaced after an accident if they are damaged.