Q: How do I get my car running

I'm in need of help with my 1995 Honda Civic ex 1.6L vtec I have a crank/ no start problem which started when my tie rod came off so I had to order a new one and they sent me the wrong one so it took longer for me to get the car driving again. And once I got the tie rod back on I went to turn on my car and it didn't start so right then and there I started researching. I have been doing everything possible for me to get my car started and yet can't get it starting. I have spark,compression, and fuel I have changed the main relay, change the spark plugs, checked my fuses, and changed out the ECU thinking it was the ECU but wasn't I checked my engine codes which gave me code 15, and code 22. I have done a compression test checked my ground wires and also have checked my distributor. I have done the timing on engine more than 5 times and yet my ideas are running out. And I know I am doing the timing right because I have my own mechanic that has been helping me get my car started and yet

Hey there. There are a couple different ways to route the wires on these vehicles. Some distributors have the #2 and #4 plug wires in an alternate spot. If the new spark plugs are wet after trying to start the car, you may not be getting spark at the right time. Once you’re sure all of the wires are in the right location, sometimes pinching off the fuel like to keep excess fuel from spraying into the cylinders may help.

The vehicle will start, run for a while and die in this case because the fuel line is pinched. Once it starts, you can remove the pinch. Code 15 is for the ignition control module which is typically found inside the distributor. Code 22 is for the VTEC oil pressure switch if your vehicle has VTEC.

If you need help having this problem resolved, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your location to inspect the starting problem very thoroughly and pinpoint the needed repairs.

3. How do I get my car running