Q: How do i get my car out of the park position?

My car is stuck in park. I can move the wheel completely to the left and right, so it is not locked. When i press the breaks the break lights come on, but the gear shifter will not budge. What do I do?

Hi there:

If you’re able to turn your ignition key and you can’t shift the vehicle from park to gear, it’s possible that you have linkage damage to the transmission or some other mechanical problem with the shifter that’s prohibiting you to complete this task. In order to determine why this is happening, you should contact one of our mobile mechanics to complete a car does not shift from park to drive inspection.

3. How do i get my car out of the park position?