Q: How do I fix the window on the driver side?

I have power windows. My car window was rolled up. I tried to roll it down and it would not go completely down. I could roll it back up and the back down to the position it would no go any further too. I tried pushing it down it went down but now when I try to roll the window up it goes 2 inches up and then I hear the motor making it go immediately back down. It's not liking it is falling the motor is still working just not correctly. Also when I hold the button up it stays up at the 2 inches. I try to pull it up when I'm holding it there but it doesn't improve. I'm not sure if I'm not strong enough or it just won't move. I can't get it to work correctly. What seems to be the problem? Do I need to replace the motor or is it something else?

Hi, thanks for writing in. It sounds like it is time to replace the motor and regulator assembly in your car. The regulator is binding and the motor has a circuit protection kicking out due to the overload. If you would like help with this replacement, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to perform the replacement for you.

3. How do I fix the window on the driver side?