Q: How do I fix my cruise control brake switch. Brake light stays on

Cruise control goes out intermittently and brake light stays on. How do I fix cruise control brake switch?

Hello. This is caused by a problem with the brake light switch. When the switch fails internally, it shorts and causes the lights to stay on. If the brake lights stay on, then the computer thinks that the brake pedal is applied which turns off the cruise control. If you want to have this brake light problem fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this.