Q: How do I find out why my car has a huge flat spot

Car starts,idles,drives fine,Until I push down on the accelerator.it hesitates until I take my foot off the Accelerator.then when I shut it off.its harder to start and when parked and idling I push down on the gas,it flattensout and I try to work through it to see if I can get passed the dead zone it starts to misfire.Can someone help me.

A: This could be a variety of things related t...

This could be a variety of things related to air and fuel delivery to the engine. There are a few things that are common to go bad and cause these types of problems. If the mass airflow sensor which regulates the flow of air into the engine is not working properly it can cause this to happen. This can also happen when the idle air control module is not working properly. This is also a module that regulates the air flow at idle. I would suggest having an expert, like one from YourMechanic, come to your home to diagnose the misfire and other symptoms firsthand for an accurate repair.