Q: How do I control the exterior lights?

How do I control the exterior lights?

A: To control the lights on the outside of you...

To control the lights on the outside of you vehicle, you can use the well marked light controls that are on the instrument panel behind the steering wheel and to the left. There is a wheel that can select different settings and three buttons to the right of the wheel. This controls all of the exterior lights and the lights in the instrument panel. Here is a guide to all of the different available settings:

• The first setting on the wheel is a power button. When the wheel is set to this position the headlights will be off completely with no daytime running lights.

• Next on the wheel, the versatile “Auto” setting can be used to set all of the exterior lights to their default brightness. This will also turn on the daytime running lights. There is a sensor relaying data back to the vehicle about the brightness outside of the vehicle.

• Next on the wheel is the control for the parking lights. This will also turn on the tail lights, license plate lights, and instrument panel lights.

• After the parking lights, there is the control for the headlights themselves. When this is selected, the rest of the exterior lights will come on as well.

• The three buttons to the right of the selector wheel also control lights.

• The top button will go in when pressed and stay pressed in until pressed a second time. This will keep the dome light from coming on when the door is opened.

• The center button will pop out when pressed. The extended button can be used as a knob to adjust the brightness of the lights in the instrument panel. When this knob is spun all the way clockwise, the cargo light over the bed of the truck will illuminate.

• The bottom button activates the fog lights, which should be used in low-visibility situations.

Tip

If the headlight setting is selected when the vehicle is off, it will only stay on for 10 minutes. This also applies to when the ignition is shut off with the headlights still on (though a chime will sound anyway).