Q: How do I connect an iPod to the radio?

How do I connect an iPod to the radio?

A: Your car’s audio system can play CDs, MP3 f...

Your car’s audio system can play CDs, MP3 files, WMA files, as well as both AM and FM radio stations. However, you can also connect your iPod to the radio to listen to music stored on it. Here’s how to do it:

1. Turn the ignition to on.

2. Turn on the radio.

3. Locate the USB/AUX input behind the gearshift.

4. Lift the cover and connect your iPod.

5. Press the media button on the radio.

6. Use either the radio controls to play files. Your iPod controls will not function as long as it’s connected to the radio (and the radio is in iPod mode).

The radio controls for your iPod are very similar to playing a CD with a few exceptions. The leftmost preset button lets you access the iPod menu – all other controls are the same as for a CD.