Q: How Do I Check the Voltage of My Car Battery?

How do I check the voltage of my car battery?

3. How Do I Check the Voltage of My Car Battery?

Q: Q: Can't pass smog check due to Check Engine light.

In your case I would recommend getting a second opinion. Enlist the help of a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, to scan your vehicle for trouble codes. The check engine light and the smog test failure are certainly related....

Q: Alternator making noise

The charging system would need to be checked to see if it is charging, or killing the battery; the alternator is most likely the cause. I recommend that you have a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come by and...

Q: Electrical components not working in my car

The symptoms described for your Mazda indicate that you may indeed be dealing with a dead battery. As batteries age, they lose the ability to hold a charge and typically need to be replaced. Combining age with accidentally leaving a...