Q: How do I check the tire pressure?

How do I check the tire pressure?

A: Checking the tire pressure of your truck is...

Checking the tire pressure of your truck is an important part of routine maintenance. Improper tire pressure can lead to premature or uneven tire wear and decreased fuel economy. To check the tire pressure.

1. Obtain a digital or dial type air pressure gauge.

2. Remove tire valve stem cap.

3. Insert the port on the tire pressure gauge into the valve stem.

4. Press firmly, but not hard and the tire pressure should display on the gauge.

5. Confirm that the pressure is the correct cold fill pressure as of the tire/and/or vehicle specifications.

6. If the tire pressure is low, add air to the correct pressure.

7. Replace valve stem cap.

8. Repeat for each tire.