Q: How do I check the pressure on the fuel pump?

How do I check the pressure on fuel pump at home?

A: Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. ...

Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. You can test the fuel pressure in one of two ways: you can tap into the fuel rail and check the fuel pressure with a gauge, or you can remove the front fuel line (towards the front of the vehicle) to the fuel filter that is lined with the fuel line and put a pressure test there. Look for at least 35 to 55 psi of fuel pressure.

If you need assistance with checking the fuel pressure, or you think the fuel pressure sensor is bad, then seek out a technician, as one from Your Mechanic, who can assist you with your vehicle.