Q: How do I check the fuses?

How do I check the fuses?

A: Most of your car’s electronics are controll...

Most of your car’s electronics are controlled by fuses. They’re designed to safeguard the component in question. If too much current passes through the circuit, the fuse blows. The accessory won’t work, but it won’t be damaged by high voltage, either. Checking the fuses is the first thing that should be done when you notice that something electronic in your car won’t work right. Here’s how you do it:

1. Locate the fuse box where the fuse for that accessory is. Use the labels inside the box lid, or the diagram on the lid to check what fuses are inside.

2. Checking fuses only requires looking at them. All the fuses on your Accord are translucent, so you can see the inside. If the fuse is blown, you’ll notice the small connector inside the fuse is broken or missing.

Tips

• Checking small blade fuses may require using a fuse puller if you can’t clearly see through the top of the fuse (look under the lid of the under-dash fuse box).

• Larger fuses can be checked without removing them.

• See pages 404 through 406 of your owner’s manual for fuse locations.