Q: How do I change the key battery?

How do I change the key battery?

A: If your remote key stops working, it is lik...

If your remote key stops working, it is likely because the battery has died. When this happens, you will need to replace the battery, which you can do with a few steps:

1. Remove the mechanical key from the key fob.

2. Use a flathead screwdriver to pop the key cover off.

3. Carefully remove the battery. Some keys will have a module, which will have to be removed and opened to access the battery.

4. Replace with a new battery, with the positive side facing upwards.

5. Put the cover back on.

Tip

If your vehicle has the smart key system, you should use a CR1632 battery. If your vehicle has the Type A system, you should use a CR2025 battery. If your vehicle has the Type B system, you should use a CR2016 battery.