Q: How do I align my seat tracks?

I see I needed to remove my seat and seat tracks, however, my seat tracks are bolted to my seat. How do I unbolt them from my seat, and how can I properly align my seat tracks so that my seats will be straight? They are power seats, also, so I don't believe there is a release bar.

The Factory Service Manual may have a specification for the seat track width. If not, the seat tracks are simply set exactly parallel to one another. That can be done by carefully measuring the "width" between the tracks at several locations. Once you have the width, adjustments are simply implemented by loosening the bolts and moving the track, usually only slightly. If you desire assistance with this, please use YourMechanic’s power seat repair service request page and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you promptly. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. How do I align my seat tracks?