Q: How do I adjust the seatbacks?

How do I adjust the seatbacks?

The seatbacks have to be in a position that allows the upper part of the seat belt to comfortably hold the seat’s occupant in place. Sitting upright in the seat prevents the occupant from sliding underneath of the seat belts in the case of an accident. The seatback can be adjusted one of two ways, depending on the model of truck:

• Manual seats will have a lever on the side of the seat facing the door. Lifting this lever allows the occupant to lean forward or back to adjust the position of the seatback. The occupant must then ensure the seatback is locked in place by leaning forward in the seat and physically trying to move the seatback.

• Power seats have a small control on the side of the seat facing the door that is used to control the position of the seatback. The top of the control can be pushed to either side; pushing it towards the back of the seat will lean the seatback back, pushing it forward will lean the seatback forward.