Q: How do I adjust the seat backs?

How do I adjust the seat backs?

A: Adjusting the seat backs is important for c...

Adjusting the seat backs is important for comfort, but also for safety. Sitting too close to the steering wheel could result in injury if the air bag deploys. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) recommends drivers have at least 10 inches of space between your chest and the center of the steering wheel to maintain a safe distance from the air bag, and to avoid impacting the steering wheel or dash.

Adjusting your seat backs is easy – here’s what you should know.

• Power Seats: For power seats, turn the ignition on and locate the power adjuster controls on the bottom left edge of the driver’s seat.

• Manual Seats: For manual seats, pull up on the bar at the bottom front of the seat to slide the seat backward. Use the lever on the lower left side of the seat to adjust the back.