Q: How do I add washer fluid to a 2012 Honda Accord?

How do I add washer fluid?

A: Washer fluid helps ensure that you’re able ...

Washer fluid helps ensure that you’re able to keep your windshield clean and clear. It helps remove dirt, grime and even bug residue in a way that plain water cannot. If your washer fluid reservoir is low, topping it off is easy. Here’s what you should do:

1. Open the hood.

2. Locate the washer fluid reservoir – it’s a white plastic container with a blue lid. The lid shows the conventional symbol for windshield washing.

3. Open the cap.

4. Check the level of fluid visually.

5. If it’s low, top it off with quality windshield washer fluid.

Use windshield washer fluid, not water. It has chemicals that prevent it from freezing during the winter.