Q: How do I activate the childproof locks?

How do I activate the childproof locks?

As a parent, it’s important that you keep your kids safe while you’re on the road. One important way to do that is to activate the childproof door locks. They’re located on the back doors only in your car, and they prevent the doors from being opened from the inside. Here’s how to activate them.

1. Take the key out of the ignition.
  2. Open one of the rear doors.
  3. Locate the childproof lock along the outer edge of the door.
  4. Insert your key and turn it to activate the lock.
  5. Repeat for the other door.

Tips

• Locking one side only activates that childproof lock. Both doors must be locked independently.

• The rear doors will not open from the inside when the childproof locks are engaged, even if the lock shows it is open. They will open from the outside, though.

3. How do I activate the childproof locks?