Q: How do I access the key in the remote keyless entry (RKE) transmitter?

How do I access the key in the remote keyless entry (RKE) transmitter?

A: Your remote keyless entry (RKE) transmitter...

Your remote keyless entry (RKE) transmitter has a key hidden inside it. This key can be used to manually unlock or lock the vehicle, and to turn on your engine if your vehicle does not have keyless ignition. To access the key, press the button on the top of the RKE transmitter, which will extend the key. To return the key to its original position, press the button again, and push the key back inside the RKE transmitter.