Q: how difficult is it to get parts for this auto

Looking at a used Saab 2009 9-7x , have read that the company was owned by GM at the time and mechanically they are the same as chevy trail blazer , all reviews I have read look good , wondering how difficult it is to get parts for this used auto ?

New replacement parts are readily available for the 2009 Saab 9-7x. I did a random search on typical consumables (suspension, steering, even the engine) and all of these parts are cataloged and available. In addition, if you need used parts, a quick search at Car-Part.com reveals a huge inventory for this vehicle. You should not have any difficulty procuring parts. With regard to your prospective purchase, I recommend that you request a pre-purchase vehicle inspection. That inspection, carried out by a certified Mechanic, dispatched to your location, will give you critical data about the car you are considering. In lieu of an inspection you also have some additional options insofar as data. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration maintains a database of consumer complaints, official recalls and factory service bulletins for all makes and models, by year. I encourage you to go to the NHTSA website and enter your vehicle’s year, make and model and review the existing reports which will give you an excellent idea of what has been experienced by other owners insofar as faults in the particular vehicle you are considering. I would post the text of the reports here, but they are detailed so it will be more practical for you to view them online (it is free). In addition, "Consumer Reports" publishes system by system vehicle reliability data for all years, makes, and models. This data is available free in the library or on-line if you are a paid subscriber. That reliability data will give you an excellent indication of the relative likelihood that key systems on the model (and year) of interest will fail at greater, or lesser, frequency compared to those rates reported for other vehicles. Obviously, what you want to be looking for in that database is an indication that the vehicle "make and model year" is not a "lemon" insofar as reliability. If you are unable to access any of these resources, or desire data of a different type, please do not hesitate for a moment to re-contact YourMechanic and we will assist you further in your attempts to make a wise used vehicle purchase.