Q: How complicated is it to change the alternator belt on a 2007 Mazda 5?

The battery dies after a few days of non-use. There is an intermittent clicking noise (or flapping or chirping noise it's different to different people). No other syptomsdf.

Hello, thank you for writing in. The alternator belt is not terrible difficult to replace. It may involve removing some of the other components in the area to gain access to the pulleys. The first step (beside accessing the belt) is to loosen the tensioner pulley. From there the belt is capable of being removed, and the alternator can be removed next. The alternator and battery can both be bench tested at your local automotive store. They can also be tested at home with a voltmeter. In this case, you will not want to remove the alternator before testing. The battery may also be failing and unable to hold a charge. For more diagnostic help, or to replace these components, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. How complicated is it to change the alternator belt on a 2007 Mazda 5?