Q: How can I make sure I am not being ripped off for repairs to my 2004 Camry?

My 2004 camry was purchased from Hertz in 2006 when it had 29k miles. It now has 113k miles. It has timing chain, not belt. I recently took it to the Toyota dealer as I thought my brake was making a faint noise when applying the pedal for a couple of days. They told me that the front brakes need to be changed and rotors machined and that also the water pump is leaking and the valve cover gasket is leaking. How can I verify that short of asking them to show me? Total estimate given 220 + 515 + 210 = 930. I don't remember having these things done to this car before now. My car has an automatic transmission. How can I make sure I am not being ripped off?

3. How can I make sure I am not being ripped off for repairs to my 2004 Camry?