Q: How can I figure out what the problem is to get it to running

I got bad gas in my car a while back and changed out the fuel filter. It ran for couple miles but died and wouldn't start. I dropped the tank today and the tank and fuel pump were clean. Still won't start

Each fuel injector has an internal filter. If the fuel was really contaminated, it is possible the injectors were affected and filters are blocked. If the car starts when you introduce some starting fluid in the air intake, then you know you have a fuel delivery issue. I would check fuel pump pressure and output against factory specifications. If those are good, then you might have an issue with the injectors. First, see if they check out electrically (resistance is within spec.) and the see if they operate (during starting should hear audible click by probing injector body with Mechanic’s stethoscope). If injectors "function" but car still won’t start, and all other causes are ruled out including ignition and injector control circuits, air induction and key sensors (CPS), then you might try having the injectors cleaned professionally (i.e., removed from car and sent to Mr. Injector for instance). YourMechanic could assist you with this diagnosis and repair of your fuel system issue.

3. How can I figure out what the problem is to get it to running