Q: How can I be sure its my fuel pump that went out not my fuel filter acting up

I have a 2001 ford f150 that I have been having trouble with. It started acting up about two weeks ago and now I can not get to it start. It turns over just will not crank. Through out the two weeks it would stop cranking and then it would. My questions is how do I know its my fuel pump and not my filter?

The first thing to do when it stalls is to check the fuel pressure. If the pump is bad then the pressure will be zero. If the problem is the filter then the pressure would be good but the volume of fuel would be low. Have the fuel system tested by a mechanic like one from YourMechanic that has the test equipment to scan the computer and test fuel pressures to isolate the problem for you.

3. How can I be sure its my fuel pump that went out not my fuel filter acting up