Q: Q: How a timing chain works

Want started it's the timing chain I'm try to see is it good to get a new one or just get a new car..
My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Deciding whether to replace the timing chain or get a new car would depend on why the timing chain went bad in the first place, and if it did any other engine damage. Often when timing chains fail the engine gets severely damaged internally, such as by valves hitting the pistons, or the oil pump becoming clogged by pieces that got into the oil pan. If the chain broke then this would most likely be a major engine damage repair and a complete engine may need to be replaced. It would also depend on the vehicles value before and after the repairs. I cannot make a decision for you, rather I can only give you information and options. The engine replacement would likely be over $2500 to get replaced, and may not be worth it to you to save this car. I hope this helps you make the decision. If you need a second opinion of why the car won’t start, you could contact a qualified professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic.

3. Q: How a timing chain works